HIGHWAY GUYS

Steve and Peter travel the roads of the U.S. in an RV (called The Beast). Steve is retired and disabled (mobility impaired) and Peter is his service dog. They started their adventure on September 11th ,2003. Home base currently is Los Angeles, California. On the road, they live in a 1993, 28 foot, Allegro Bay class A motor home. Their goal is just to enjoy the thrill of travel and exploration for as long as the Beast and their health allow.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

090216 - SIGNS


090216 - SIGNS

Here is another sign that bothers me. It seems to be very popular in the state of Arizona and whoever makes them and sells them must do a very good business because they are everywhere.

Somehow, I would not think that the chamber of commerce or tourist bureau finds this sign to be a positive endorsement of the state. I also find it disturbing that they would built rest stops, bathrooms and pet exercise areas within these areas of danger. I have yet to see a sign that says:

NO POISONOUS SNAKES OR INSECTS IN THIS AREA.

Now that would be something to brag about.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger *Fairyduster said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger *Fairyduster said…

    :-) Unfortunately the danger is real to non Arizonans who might not expect these "adorable" creatures! Soon they will be showing up here and there (winter is a quiet season for them.)
    Last early summer I killed a scorpion running toward me in my own backyard, with a shovel! I must say that I was very impressed by my courage as it took a few hits! It was him or me! The year before an encounter with a large Tarantula, however these spiders are mostly gentle giants if they do not feel attacked! "Black Widow" spiders on the other hand are most dangerous as much or even more than scorpions!

    However the sign could be a little more artistic in my opinion!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home