HIGHWAY GUYS

Steve and Peter travel the roads of the U.S. in an RV (called The Beast). Steve is retired and disabled (mobility impaired) and Peter is his service dog. They started their adventure on September 11th ,2003. Home base currently is Los Angeles, California. On the road, they live in a 1993, 28 foot, Allegro Bay class A motor home. Their goal is just to enjoy the thrill of travel and exploration for as long as the Beast and their health allow.

Friday, January 07, 2005

050107 SAN ANTONIO-2

050107
San Antonio-2

The good news is that the weather is supposed to be dry and warmer by the weekend but for now it’s still cold enough to freeze your gonads off. Of course, for Peter, that’s not a problem anymore.

Last night we hit the cheap Mexican restaurant across the street. It was clean and half occupied which made me feel good.

After we were seated and reviewed the menu, I noticed that Peter seemed nervous and uncomfortable. After I finished ordering dinner, he told me he was worried about drinking the water. After I assured him it was safe, he settled down.

The food was pretty good and large portions although there was not much for Peter: I had a chile relano, guacamole, and a beef taco. He got the taco.

Fortunately I had enough treats in my pockets to keep him satisfied.

This morning the front office called to tell me that there were no tours available. Maybe next time.

We leave Sunday morning for Kingsville, and hopefully will be able to get a tour of the King Ranch – I don’t know much about it but friends have strongly recommended it.
Till next time,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home